The Cooly Rocks On festival is a popular and unique music and car show that boasts many classic car displays as well as vintage costumes, live music and a massive parade in Coolangatta.
This 5-day long car show is one of the major events of the region and attracts thousands of visitors to the Gold Coast year after year.
Cooly Rocks On 2018 Dates & Program Schedule, Hotel Accommodation
This popular festival also invites its visitors to indulge in a vintage atmosphere as it presents over 100 retro market stalls and 100 craft market stalls where you can purchase classic style clothing and souvenirs.
You can also check out the massive swap meet and catch a late night drive-in movie. Step back in time while watching the amazing rock ‘n roll shows and check out the wide collection of classic cars on display.
Make sure you stay for the final weekend as the fun of the event culminates into a huge party where the streets are closed and the streets come alive with live music, parades, competitions and displays.
The main events scheduled for Cooly Rocks On in 2018 are as follows:
- Shannons Show n’ Shine: Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th June 2018. Over 1,000 classic cars (pre-1970’s) will be on display in special locations in Tweed, Kirra & Coolangatta.
- Street Parade: Saturday 9 June 2018, 9.30am – 10.30am. A parade along the beachfront which will stretch for 2kms. Filled with classic cars, floats, bikes, music and so much more!
- Miss Cooly Rocks On 2018: Thursday 7 June 2018, from 6pm. Come and watch some beautiful ladies compete with their unique vintage looks for an amazing prize.
- Fireworks: Saturday 9th June, 7pm. Coolangatta Foreshore.
- Shannons SuperCruise: Saturday 9th June 2018, 6-8pm. Check out cars in action as they cruise Marine Parade and Griffith Street in Coolangatta.
- Poodles and Pugs Parade: Sunday 10th June 2018, 10-11.30am The popular poodle parade is back with competitions for Best in Show, Best Groomed, Best Dog Trick, Waggiest Tail, Cute Factor and Owner and Pooch Lookalike.
- Dance Workshops: Friday 8th June 2018 & Sunday 10th June 2018. Warner Stage, Greenmount Stage and Jack Evans Stage.
- Miss Rockabilly 2018: Friday 8th June 2018, 6pm-8pm. There will be 12 finalists competing for the best performance and rockabilly personality.
Throughout the festival, you will also hear live music from a huge range of rock’n’roll, swing, big band, blues and jazz bands. There will also be retro markets and food vendors trading from Thursday to Sunday during the festival.