The Australian Open Bowls championship is the biggest bowls event in the world with thousands of world-class competitors coming to the Gold Coast to compete.
Competing for prizes valued at over $250,000, the Australian Open Bowls is open to both singles, pairs and groups of four.
Australian Open Bowls – 2019 Dates, Registration & Entry Fee Gold Coast
The competitions are completely open with no qualifying rounds or seeding of competitors. The rounds will be played in a sectional format, with random draws, and qualifying bowlers progressing through to knockout rounds.
There are over 15 clubs which will assist in hosting the competition from Broadbeach to Coolangatta, and many clubs in between. The final two days of competitions (the finals) will be filmed and broadcast live on Fox Sports.
Here is a list of the following entry categories:
• Open Singles (Men’s & Women’s)
• Open Pairs (Men’s & Women’s)
• Open Fours (Men’s & Women’s)
• Over 60’s Pairs (Men’s & Women’s)
• Under 18 Singles (Boys’ & Girls’)
• Bowlers with a Disability Singles (Men & Women – Hearing Impaired, Physical Disability, Intellectual Disability, Vision Impaired)
• Bowlers with a Disability Pairs (Open gender – Multi Disability, Vision Impaired)
Please note that bowlers cannot play in both Open Pairs & Over 60’s Pairs as these events are run concurrently.
Please refer to the image gallery for more information on the event.